- Common "Be"
- Little Brother "Minstrel Show"
- Dangerdoom "The Mouse And The Mask"
- Supastition "Chain Letters"
albums I listened to
- Dwele "Some Kinda"
- Common "Be"
- Kanye West "Late Registration"
- Game "Documentary"
- Jay Z "The Black Album"
- Ras Kass "Soul On Ice"
best songs / singles
- Cassidy "I'm a Hustla" (Ax About Me!)
- The Game "Dreams"
- The Game "Hate It or Love it"
- Ja Rule "New York, New York"
- "Sofa King" Dangermouse
- "Not Enough" 9th Wonder
- "Put You On The Game" Timbaland
- "Resident Evil" Vanderslice
- "Dear Summer" Just Blaze
- "Crack Music" Kanye West
- Kanye West
- Mr. Burns
- 9th Wonder
- Just Blaze
best emcees / lyrics
- Verbal Tec
- iCON the Mic King
- Dos Noun
- Little Brother "The Minstrel Show" (tv guide theme was dope)
biggest surprise (music or anything else)
- Irv Gotti's acquittal (you gotta be kiddin me!)
biggest disappointment (music or anything else)
- Little Brother's soundscan #'s (damn homey)
- new Pharaohe Monch songs leaked on the net
- D'Angelo's continued lack of progress
books I read
- "Q: Autobiography" Quincy Jones
- The Wu-Tang Manual
- "I Feel Good: Autobiography" James Brown
- many others but they escape my memory
movies I saw
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Batman Begins
- The Constant Gardener
- Like Water For Chocolate
websites I visited
foods I ate
- pomme frittes
- belgian waffles (Bruxelles!)
- authentic mexican (quesadillas, burrito, flan) not that taco bell gabbage
things that made me smile
- traveling overseas for the first time in life for free
- Nas and Jay Z rocking on stage in harmony
- Big Daddy Kane killin it on VH1's Hip-Hop Honors Show
- Dipset Rap City Freestyles
- hearing the news that iCON blasted Copywrite in the face at Scribble Jam
things that made me go 'hmmm' (positively pondering)
- MF Doom's independent success (this man is a machine)
things that made me go cringe
- watching MTV's "Hip-Hop's Hardest and Toughest Rhymes" music video show and seeing Tony Yayo being mentioned
- Kanye West performing "GoldDigger" on VH1's Hip-Hop Honors show (?????????????????????)
best moment of 2005
- Kanye West "George Bush doesnt care..." rant
- me and Dos Noun getting show money from promoters who attempted to flee the country
- chilling in Amsterdam
- wacko Jacko being acquitted of all them damn charges (HE BEAT IT!!!)
worst moment of 2005
- FEMA response to Hurricane Katrina
- seeing Transie Hookers in Amsterdam's Red Light District
what I'd like to see in 2006
- a label put out my masterpiece of an album when it is finished
- sign to a label that knows what the fuck they doin
- my fam garner the recognition they deserve
- the RIAA mandate the issuing of rap licenses (im tired of so many rappers sucking who need to get a day job)
- Philly and B-more Promoters discountinue blackballing me
what I don't want to see in 2006
- rappers rapping about politics stating the obvious, without offering solutions (We already know what's f#$@%@ up!)
- more internet rappers "releasing" albums
hip hop in 2006 will be
- the same as it is now sans the few breakthrough artists that will get a little shine
my new years resolutions
- stop eating meat (no homo)
- finish my goddamn album
- get more money
- continue to show others that they cant stop the god from manifesting